YALLURE FASHION BLOG ©
Planning a trip to Latin America this winter? No matter where your destination is south of the border, you want to make sure that you look you're best when you're traveling abroad. Knowing what clothing and accessories to pack can help you to blend in with the locals when you're vacationing in South America. Not only will this allow you to feel more comfortable, but it can also help to ensure your safety when you're an international traveler.
Here are some of the dos and don'ts for dressing like a local in Latin America:
1. Do Dress for the Weather. Many people assume that it's going to be hot in their Latin American destination, but that's not always the case. Do some research ahead of time to find out what the weather will be like during your stay. For example, temperatures in Bogotá, Colombia, are often chilly during many times of the year, so it's better to bring along jeans that flatter your figure more than shorts.
2. Don't Go Too Casual. Casual dress in Latin America isn't quite the same as it is in the United States. Women rarely leave the house wearing t-shirts. Instead, they wear more stylish tops and blouses when they're out and about.
3. Do Wear Closed Toe Shoes. Sandals and flip flops aren't as popular as you might think in Latin America. Those types of shoes are considered to be beach attire and not suitable for everyday dress. By day, a pair of stylish flats is perfect, and at night, step out in high heels to look like a local.
4. Don't Wear Loose Baggy Clothes. Save your oversized boyfriend jeans to wear when you get back! In Latin America, more form fitting fashions are all the rage. For edgier looks, you can try destroyed jeans with skinny legs or embellishments like studs or you can go for classic capri or ankle-length skinny jeans to dress like the Latin American women do.
5. Do Consider Where You're Going. If you're headed to a club at night, it's fine to wear a sexy trendy top that's revealing or a curve-hugging tight sexy dress; however, if you're doing sight-seeing and plan to visit historic churches during the day, it's better to dress more conservatively. This is especially important if you plan to visit a church during a mass, as Latin Americans tend to dress in their finest clothes for services.
If you really want to be in fashion when you're traveling in Latin America, Yallure is the perfect place to shop for clothes for your trip. We carry gorgeous Colombian blouses and Colombian butt lifting jeans that are trendy in Latin American cities and here in the United States. Our trendy tops for women include options for day and for night, and we have flattering jeans in a variety of silhouettes from skinny high waisted jeans to low rise styles. Shop our entire selection of fashionable clothes and accessories and get some cute pieces for your Latin American vacation.